Job Title: Transition Coordinator
Reporting To: Chief Commercial Officer
Location: Baltimore/Washington Thurgood Marshall International Airport
The Tenant Coordinator will facilitate the concessionaire design review and construction processes and ensure the highest level of service to our client’s and operators. This full-time position, based at BWI Marshall International Airport, is critical to the successful coordination and communication during the Renovation Phase. The Transition Coordinator is a critical point of contact for all concession operators and their designers, architects, and construction firms, as well as the Maryland Aviation Administration’s (MAA) design and construction teams. He/she will act as a liaison between the concession operator, NMD and the MAA during the design and design review process, as well as the construction and closeout phases of site development efforts. He/she will be in continual contact with our construction manager ADCI to ensure a smooth, ongoing coordination effort between design, construction and store openings.
The TC will manage coordination and tracking activities relating to the design, pre-construction and development of concession spaces. The position scope will include: analysis of subtenant project scheduling throughout the development process; reviewing drawings for general compliance to pre-determined design criteria; facilitating the document review process between the concession operator, NMD and the airport to secure and distribute comments and subsequent approvals; providing guidance to concession operators and their contractors with regard to construction protocol in the airport environment; working with the airport to establish a meeting schedule and procedures construction coordination; attending construction progress meeting as applicable; creating a punch list for completed concession spaces; and obtaining proper closeout documentation. This professional will have significant experience in project management and concession’s construction coordination and will be responsible for the opening of units in a timely and organized manner.
- Local NMD Staff
- Abstract Group
- Maryland Aviation Administration
- Embody the New Market Development cultural standard of integrity, performance and reliability.
- Manage tracking systems for design, permitting, construction and closeouts activities.
- Proactively communicate risks to construction schedule.
- Conduct regular meetings as required between ADCI, Abstract Group, subtenants and NMD leadership.
- Coordinate activities between NMD and subtenant contractors.
- Collect mandatory closeouts documents for delivery to the MAA.
- Three years’ experience in project management, design and/or construction.
- Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.