Job Title: Concourse Director
Reporting To: Director of Operations
Location: Baltimore/Washington Thurgood Marshall International Airport
The Concourse Director oversees the performance and compliance of all food and beverage locations in a designated area within the BWI Marshall concessions program. This role is a key member of the management staff, participating in the management of food locations throughout their entire lifecycle at the airport. This role acts as the proactive commander of a given area of the concessions program and spends at least 60% of each workday in the program directing activity. Ensuring that food courts are clean, hallways and working areas are free of trash and recyclables, concessions locations are ‘recovered’ from traffic surges and stocked up for the next, the Concourse Director understands everything about the concessions activity in his/her area – including sales volumes of individual locations, staffing levels of individual concessionaires, flight schedules, and key performance metrics. He/she is the consistent single point of contact for all food service and retail operators within his/her defined concessions area and interacts with many internal and external departments.
Holding health and safety as the highest priority, this role audits individual spaces regularly for all health and fire code requirements. Though predominately ‘office hours’, this post will require flexible working hours including occasional night and weekend shifts.
- Local NMD Staff
- Food and Beverage and Retail Concessionaires
- Maryland Aviation Administration
- Embody the New Market Development cultural standard of integrity, performance and reliability.
- Oversee the day-to-day business of the food and beverage and retail operations within a designated area of the concessions program, ensuring compliance with the sublease and all MAA regulations.
- Act as a liaison between subtenants, Maryland Aviation Administration (MAA), airlines, and New Market Development (NMD).
- As needed, act as a problem-solver for passengers, coordinating with any stakeholders necessary to improve the passenger journey, including but not limited to airlines, concessionaires, parking and car rental vendors, etc.
- Coordinate with subtenants to respond to hourly, daily, weekly and monthly fluctuations in traffic.
- Ensure that tenants are adhering to health and safety codes and regulations.
- Coordinate with subtenants to maximize sales and productivity.
- Communicate regularly with subtenants and share feedback on performance.
- Understand and enforce the provisions of the sublease.
- Maintain high quality operating standards in the designated concessions area and within each tenant shop.
- Hours of Operation
- Store Presentation
- Signage and Marketing Collateral
- Staffing Levels
- Conduct periodic Store Audits in the designated concessions area.
- Monitor and enforce the concessions program’s pricing policy within the designated area.
- Assist with Leasing and Marketing as required and function as a flexible member of the Operations staff.
- Record significant customer interactions for follow up and reporting to MAA.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or equivalent experience.
- Three years of multi-site management in the hospitality or restaurant industry.
- Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.